Wetlands across the globe are in danger. Estimates suggest that in some parts of the world wetland losses have been as high as 87% since 1700. The loss and degradation of wetlands cause impacts on human well being and wildlife alike.
The World Wetland Network (WWN), the Ramsar Section of the Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS), the Cobra Collective, and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) have come together to gather and evaluate information from across the world and to lead a global assessment based on ‘citizen-science’ on the state of wetlands. This is a repeat of the 2017 survey which is reported on in the Wetlands journal here: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13157-020-01267-8
Please answer the questions on the basis of your own personal knowledge and opinion. Please fill in the survey according to the wetland condition before the coronavirus pandemic in 2020 which may have brought temporary societal changes with temporary impacts on the wetland.
For more information, please visit the link to the English version of the survey: https://openuniversity.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/world-wetland-survey-2020-english-2
Deadline to complete this survey: 31 October 2020.
The questionnaire online is available in other languages: French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Arabic version: https://openuniversity.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/world-wetland-survey-2020-arabic
- French version: https://openuniversity.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/world-wetland-survey-2020-french-
- Spanish version: https://openuniversity.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/world-wetland-survey-2020-spanish
- Japanese version: https://openuniversity.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/world-wetland-survey-2020-japanese
- Portuguese version: https://openuniversity.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/world-wetland-survey-2020-portuguese
- Chinese version: https://openuniversity.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/world-wetland-survey-2020-chinese
World Wetland Network