Within the MAVA Foundation strategy and with the support from other international donors (e.g., INTERREG MED, ENI CBC MED, FFEM, Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation), there has been established a community of organizations dedicated to the protection of nature in its various biomes (coastal and marine areas, islands, wetlands, forests and other wooded lands) and to working together at the scale of the Mediterranean basin, in order to strengthen trust and collaboration among themselves.
These organisations strongly believe that, in the context of increasing pressures and a potential drop in funding dedicated to preserving nature in the Mediterranean, it is critical to create an alliance among a strategic number of Mediterranean partners in order to offer a common platform to donors to ensure continuity, efficiency and positive results of conservation action in the region with a higher impact and a greater visibility as well as to propose a coherent and global programmatic approach.
The consortium is looking for a consultant who will have to support:
- The conceptualization and definition of a roadmap for the consortium, that is, a document which will include the objectives and scope of the consortium. The process will have to be carried out in a participatory way with all the stakeholders identified for this by the contractor;
- The design of the best governance model and functioning of such consortium (including financial rules and legal aspects);
- The development of an action plan;
- The definition of a first joint project; and
- A two-page proposal and/or a PowerPoint presentation that can be used for communication and promotion purposes.
In close collaboration with the partners, the consultant’s work will rely on the documentation delivered by the consortium’s key partners whenever possible. The consultant will also lead some individual interviews with each of the partners of the consortium as well as with key donors.
A full meeting day will be organized with partners of the consortium during the consultancy.
- January 15, 2020: reception of proposals from the applicants
- January 30, 2020: notification to the successful applicant
- February 7 2020 – February 14, 2020: individual interviews with partners and key donors
- March 9 , 2020: First version of deliverables
- Mid-March 2020: Meeting with partners
- Early April 2020: Final version of deliverables
Download the Terms of References of the consultant HERE.
Marie Romani, MedPan
+33 6 81 75 61 78
Fabrice Bernard, Conservatoire du Littoral
+33 6 78 73 32 34