On 2 February every year, the world celebrates World Wetlands Day to raise public awareness of the importance of wetlands for humanity and the planet. To celebrate this important day, many events are organized around the world.
As part of its project funded by the French Agency for Biodiversity (AFB), the MedWet Initiative is launching a call for projects to provide a financial boost for the Mediterranean actors in the realization of awareness and educational animations within the framework of the World Wetlands Day 2020.
Objectives of the call for projects
The objectives of this call for projects are to work towards
- Initiating and/or facilitating the realization of animations or tools for sensitization and education about wetlands in the Mediterranean;
- Raising the awareness of the general public for the conservation of wetlands in the Mediterranean;
- Encouraging actors to participate in an event of global importance; and
- Creating a network of initiatives embodying these values in the Mediterranean region.
Typology of animations / awareness and education tools
World Wetlands Day is a special occasion to bring together wetland users and talk to them about these environments and their importance in the Mediterranean. Particular attention is paid to:
- Animations/tools targeting a young audience (up to 25 years old) with pedagogical aims; and
- Tools that can be employed during other events.
This is a non-exhaustive list of proposed animations/tools that could be financed:
- Cultural activities
- Construction sites
- Conferences, debates
- Observation points
- Screening of movies
- Educational projects
- Nature excursions
- Participatory science
- 12/09/2019: the call for submission of projects
- 12/11/2019 at 18:00: close of the call of projects
- Before 15/12/2019: meeting of the selection committee
- 02/01/2020: announcement of allocated funding
For more details about the rules and the call for projects, please click on the following links:
- The call for projects in French
- The call for projects in English
- The call for projects in Spanish
- The call for projects in Arabic with a French form
- The call for projects in Arabic with a English form
+33 (0) 4 90 97 06 78