World Wetlands Day 2016 is rapidly approaching. For the 2016 edition, we invite you to engage and raise awareness around the theme “Sustainable Livelihoods” under our multi-year banner of “Wetlands for our future”.
Please register your event on the World Wetlands Day event map so that others can see your work too
Today we are thrilled to announce that all materials are now available to download at: www.worldwetlandsday.org
The WWD logo in the form of a Lily pad is available in both colour and in black and white, for use on any outreach products in either a horizontal or vertical format.
This is packed with useful information for you to use and adapt to your local circumstances. Get the full strategy behind World Wetlands Day and lots of tips for what you can do.
- 5 general Call-to-Action posters highlighting a range of different livelihoods that depend on wetlands from fishing, tourism, rice growing to transporting by water
- Photo contest poster with information about the youth Wetland Photo Contest starting 2 February to 2 March 2016
- A poster to adapt for local events.
These three sheets can be used as hand-outs or as mini-posters and provide information about the value of Wetlands for sustainable livelihoods.
- Wetlands: Providing more than a billion livelihoods
- Wetlands and Sustainable Livelihoods: From vicious circle to virtuous cycle
- Sustainable Livelihoods: Wetlands can deliver!
Please note that InDesign files are available to adapt the materials to your context.
A very limited number of print materials available for mailing
If you are organizing an event for World Wetlands Day, but cannot do the printing locally, and would like to receive Posters, kindly send an email to Riera@ramsar.org with your complete mailing address by 15 January 2016.
How can you help?
- Please help publicize WWD 2016 and encourage youth to participate in the Wetland Photo Contest that runs from 2 February to 2 March 2016.
- Consider acting as a local organizer of wetland site visits for youth and/or hold educational events targeting other groups.
- Please register your event on the World Wetlands Day event map so that others can see your work too
Finally, a warm word of thanks to our sponsors, the Danone Fund for Water. The Danone group and the Evian brand have been solid partners of the Ramsar Convention since 1998, and World Wetlands Day is made possible by their generosity.
Communications Officer – External Relations
Ramsar Convention Secretariat
28 rue Mauverney, CH-1196 Gland (Switzerland)
Tel. +41 22 999 0269; fax +41 22 999 0169
Join us: www.woldwetlandsday.org