The Mediterranean Wetlands Committee (MedWet/Com) has met, as it’s customary, during the Ramsar COP in Uruguay.
In this occasion there was two meetings, as follows:
- First meeting: Monday 1 June from 18.15 to 19.30 at Room Rio de Janeiro A at the Conference Centre.
- Second meeting: Thursday 4 June from 8.00 to 9.30, at the Mediterranean Agora.
Annotated provisional agenda including available documents (click for download)
Opening of the meeting by the Chair (France)
- Adoption of the agenda (Doc MWC/Info 1)
- Presentation of the new MedWet graphic identity (Doc MWC/Info 2)
- Report of the MedWet Coordinator and report of the Coordinator of the Mediterranean Wetlands Observatory (Doc MWC/Info 3)
- Work Plan 2015 (Doc MWC-Info 4)
- Presentation of the MedWet budget 2015 and prospects for 2016/2017 (Doc MWC/Info 5)
- Introduction of the draft MedWet Action Plan 2016-2030 “Wetlands for sustainable development in the Mediterranean Region” and MWO proposed action plan 2016-2021 (Doc MWC-Info 6) and (Doc MWC-Info 7)
- Introduction of the concepts of MedWet Ambassadors and Mediterranean Youth Parliament (Doc MWC-Info 8)
- Next regular meeting of the MedWet/Com (MedWet/Com 12) (Doc MWC/Info 9)
- Follow-up meeting(s) of the MedWet/Com during the Ramsar COP12
- Any other businesses
The MedWet/Com meeting was followed by the formal opening of the Mediterranean Agora at 19.30, followed by a dinner offered by the MedWet Secretariat at the Agora.